This is Motion

This is Motion
Nov 2009

Monday, April 19, 2010

track listing

Due to a new least on my music, I have been rethinking the track listing for the C.D. In time i want to be able to erase all the low and depressing tracks with more upbeat and lovable music full of wide eyed hope. This leads to the question people are bound to ask me, "why finalize such a bleak track listing?". Well honestly i wanted junk story to be the story of something thrown away.



How ever i wanted it to an uplifting story, The story that no matter what, we retain who we are. That nothing, experiences, or trauma can change how amazing we are. In creating the music for the C.D. I feel i may have lost focus, just throwing songs on that are passable, songs i find good to my ear, how ever they didn't stay close to the source martial.

I assume it took this finding of a "muse" to remind me that i wasn't forsaken, that none of us ever are. That no matter what Junk retains what it is through all the transportation through junk yards. Our hearts remain hole, and our souls stay true. Maybe that is what i forgot that no matter what my past tells me, i know im worth the time and effort, and my music should reflect that undying optimism.



Now this may sound all peachy king, but if i go ahead and change the current product im looking to completely changing the mixtape order and throwing a HUGE wrench into my summer plans, The question is though do i act as an artist, Or take the reigns as a sound business man? 

The things i do to myself. 



6 comments:

  1. I see these two posts, April 18 and 19 as a pair. Check the first sentence of the April 19 post. Do you mean least? I was confused. Anyway, I picked up your drift. You're rethinking the mix on the album and wondering if it's too dark. Love the match photos.
    After reading the April 18 post it made more sense.
    Particularly in the April 19 post, you had so many misspellings that it was diverting and, at times, confusing. As I've said before, because of the subject of your blog, you can get away with some "creative" spelling, but you should know when you're doing this and not let it take away from the content.
    Take another look at these posts and see what you can find.
    Again, I think your honesty and the generosity of taking readers into your heart is a huge plus here. It sets it apart from so many other posts of the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you are trying to reorganize your album! I hope it goes well. I think the more work you put into it, the more you will get back from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be an artist! That's why you started the album right? So why make the sacrifices of a business man just yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. It's better to be the artist, first and foremost. But, you have to be business savvy at the same time and know both sides. I think its great that you are reorganizing the album and not just putting songs on that are "passable." You have to be happy with them and have them represent you. If you aren't 100% happy with them then you should rethink them. But, good luck with the album! I'm sure its going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should only put out a record that you yourself would pay money for or think listening to is worth time. i have to agree with babs about your spelling, it kind of takes away from the content because i was like - wait, what did he say - so many times. spellcheck bro.

    ReplyDelete