This is Motion

This is Motion
Nov 2009

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We are what we say we are.

I came, I saw, I rocked. 

We are who we say you are. It makes sense in writing but in living it is something completely different. On March 27 I had my first Major Solo show. IT was titled the junk story showcase, and it was amazing. 
I came out and left my heart and soul on that stage, I think the audience felt it. The energy was at a fever pitch as I took the stage I calmly explained who I was and what I do, and that they will need to participate. I then went into my set.
At points during the set I had two friends come on stage with me as I sung my trademark song, “its love” as the crowd chanted with me. It's the way I wanted it to be.  Many people told me that they would be there, that they understood how huge this moment was for me, those people how ever failed to show. This, I took as a direct slap to my pride. IT didn't take enough to back out.  A simple call or message would have been fine, but they disrespected my music, and me as a result. I have yet to contact most of those people, as I don't believe getting any sort of resolution would be needed. You are only as good as your word, throughout my music I have done my best to promote such beliefs, if you cant stand behind a simple promise, there’s is no way I can ever trust anything that person says.
This is of course because this was my first chance to make a profit through my music.  With a 5 $ door and a one drink minim the chance to make serious buck was presented, sadly it didn't sell as well as it could have. But the experience of rocking the crowd with lyrics built from my heart, well that is much more profitable then I could ever imagined.

For those that showed up and supported, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
 



1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm so glad your gig went so well. The best part of this post was when you talked about the experience of being on stage performing. You could have reminded readers in this post where the gig took place.
    As for the no shows, again, I wish you would not let other people get you down. As a creative person, you have to keep the creative force going and work on ignoring whatever it is that could diminish it.
    You could channel this emotion into your music and poetry. Just don't let it get you down.

    ReplyDelete