This is Motion

This is Motion
Nov 2009

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We did it.


It's been a long time coming, but finally it seems as if my manger, has booked the bowery poetry club for a March 27 show. 

www.bowerypoetry.com

With the booking all but confirmed it seems my life will get just that much more hectic. I’m presenting the show as the coming out party to my newest project, entitled Junk Story. So the concert will be titled the Junk Story Showcase. In theory it’s an awesome idea, and I'm very excited, however in action it takes a lot to pull off. Finishing the project then learning it, then being able to provided a good live show, are three factors I hadn’t thought of in the preparation of this project. 

This project is drains me. I’m usually very creative by nature but for some reason it feels a bit rushed and forced.  And that is creative kryptonite. When these factors are all lined up next to each other it may lead to a very interesting outcome. No matter the out come, I plan to rush in headfirst and hope for the best.

No matter what though the booking of the show is great news.  And I hope I can live up to the absurd demands, That I place on myself.


1 comment:

  1. First, Wow. I love what you did with the first blog. You related that experience wonderfully. I wish at the end, you would have told him "Well, we see about that."
    This second post is excellent, too. You capture the excitement and anxiety of getting this Bowery gig. Watch spelling — manager. I like the blog staying close to you and your experiences, but it might enrich the blog if you know others trying to break in to the music biz and quote them now and then. Or write about someone who made it and has inspired you. But generally, keep doing what you're doing. Great job.

    ReplyDelete